Professor | Chair of Department
E: gbudzban@ math.siu.edu
O: Neckers 365
Professor and Chair of the Mathematics Department; Ph.D., University of South Florida, 1991. Probability on algebraic structures, stochastic methods in image processing.
Random walks on algebraic structures, in particular, matrix semigroups. Semigroup approaches to discrete dynamical systems, especially the road coloring problem. Development of mathematics curriculum based on "Mathematically-rich" experiences.
- Convolution Products of Non-identical Distributions on A Topological Semigroup, Journal of Theoretical Probability, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 283-307 (1992). (with A. Mukherjea)
- A Semigroup Approach to the Road Coloring Problem, Contemporary Mathematics, Vol. 261, pp. 195-207 (2000). (with A. Mukherjea).
- Semigroups and the Generalized Road Coloring Problem, Semigroup Forum, Vol. 69, pp. 201-208 (2004).
- Convolution Products of Probability Measures on Completely Simple Semigroups, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 317, pp. 698-706, (2006).
- Completely Simple Semigroups, Lie Algebras, and the Road Coloring Problem, Semigroup Forum, Vol. 74, pp. 206-226 (2007). (with P. Feinsilver )